As we approach Canada’s 150th birthday, it’s rather fitting to hear that the F-150 was just awarded the title of Canada’s best-selling truck for 2016. While neither the birthday or the title of most popular pickup are a surprise, the sales figures for 2016 F-150 underscore one thing: Canadians love their Ford trucks!
And, really, it’s no wonder. Today’s trucks are not just designed for the contractor or rancher – they are also an ideal solution for families, urban professionals and rural workers alike. Whether you live in Vancouver, British Columbia, or Deep Cove, Nova Scotia, the F-150 is designed to tackle any load, any terrain, any weather – it is Built Ford Tough to handle life in Canada, eh!
Here’s a closer look at the sales figures for 2016:
1. Ford F-Series: 145,409 units sold
2. Ram Pickup: 89,048 units sold
3. GMC Sierra: 51,091 units sold
4. Chevrolet Silverado: 44,932 units sold
5. Toyota Tacoma: 12,618 units sold
6. Toyota Tundra: 11,364 units sold
7. Chevrolet Colorado: 6569 units sold
8. GMC Canyon: 6083 units sold
9. Nissan Titan: 2715 units sold
10. Honda Ridgeline: 2622 units sold
11. Nissan Frontier: 4127 units sold
As you can see, the 2016 Ford F-150 had some steep competition, but no other trucks came close to stealing the F-150’s title. If you do the math, there are over 56,000 units between the first place F-150 and the second place Ram. We don’t know about you, but we’d like to call this a runaway win!
If you’d like to get behind the wheel of a preowned 2016 Ford F-150, then be sure to visit us at Key West Ford in New Westminster, B.C. for a test drive. We also offer an extensive inventory of used trucks in all makes and models, and at unbeatable prices. To see what we currently have in stock, please click here.