Like most families across the Lower Mainland, you’ve likely spent a good chunk of your holidays driving here, there and everywhere – to visit relatives and friends, attend Christmas parties, run errands, or go on a road trip or two. And now, with the busy season behind you, you might be feeling the effects of sitting in a cramped car for too many hours – especially if your vehicle isn’t equipped with modern-day comfort and convenience features.
If so, it might be time to consider upgrading to a newer model year vehicle, like a used 2016 Ford Explorer.
Redesigned for 2016, the Explorer builds upon its 25 years of innovation as one of North America’s best-selling SUVs by offering drivers and passengers alike even more comfort and luxury, thanks to a series of improvements.
• An improved suspension for better handling and a quieter cabin on all road surfaces.
• A completely retuned chassis for an enhanced driving experience.
• A unique steering gear, front and rear springs, struts and rear dampers in the Sport model for an even more thrilling ride.
• A new tower brace, which provides additional stiffness between strut towers for a smoother ride on rugged terrain.
• Standard 18-inch and available 20-inch wheels, offering an improved ride, better handling and reduced road noise in the cabin.
• New door seals and an enhanced sound package to reduce vibration.
• Acoustic glass on the windshield and front doors on most trim levels.
• Wide angle front and rear cameras with washers for better visibility around the vehicle.
• Enhanced active park assist with perpendicular park assist, park-out assist and semi-automatic parallel parking.
• Smart-charging USB ports, which charge devices up to two times faster than conventional ports.
• Hands-free liftgate to easily load and unload cargo.
• An industry-exclusive Sony Audio System in the Explorer Platinum model.
• Active grille shutters to reduce drag and improve airflow to the powertrain.
• Standard air curtains to improve airflow near the vehicle's body and minimizing drag.
Plus, with seating for up to seven in all three rows, the 2016 Ford Explorer is a comfortable alternative to traditional minivans that often lack the power, performance and capabilities of an SUV. It is an especially ideal preowned choice for families who spend a lot of time commuting and road tripping across the Lower Mainland – one we think you should see in person.
To book your test drive, please contact us at Key West Ford in New Westminster, B.C. or visit our used online inventory to check out our great selection of preowned SUVs, including 2016 Ford Explorer models. We look forward to seeing you at our dealership very soon!