You’ve done your research, you’ve narrowed down your list of potential vehicles, you’ve gone on multiple test drives and you’ve hummed-and-hawed about which preowned car to buy. When you finally make a decision, it can feel like your delivery date will never arrive – the anticipation continues to build!
And, yes, it is a very exciting time – there’s no doubt about that. But, you must remember to not get carried away when the big day arrives. In fact, there are certain things to keep in mind when taking delivery of your used car or truck. Here are seven tips to remember:
1. If you are given a revised version of your purchase contract, review the terms and conditions once more to ensure that they haven’t changed.
2. If you agreed that certain repairs would be completed prior to delivery or purchased additional accessories to be installed, make sure those items are accounted for before signing off on the vehicle.
3. Complete a walk-around of the car or truck in a well-lit area with your sales associate to inspect for any scratches, dents or damages.
4. Don’t rush – take the time to ask any questions related to your new vehicle to ensure you understand its many features and systems.
5. Review any maintenance and warranty requirements with your sales associate.
6. Obtain all keys, remotes and manuals, as well as copies of the paperwork related to the vehicle, including the safety and/or e-test.
7. Check that the spare tire, jack and keys for the lug nuts are included (if applicable).
Remember, buying a preowned vehicle is an exciting experience, but it does come with financial implications. That’s why you should always do your research, ask the important questions and make a smart decision before agreeing to purchase any car or truck.
Most importantly, always deal with a reputable dealership, like Key West Ford. We provide all preowned buyers with a CarProof vehicle history report, as well as a 129-point safety and mechanical inspection for added peace of mind.
To learn more, contact us today to book your test drive. You can also view our extensive preowned inventory by clicking here.