Thinking that you might want to treat yourself to a preowned car or truck this holiday season? Well, you might be on to something! Popular Mechanics recently released a new study showing the best months to buy a used car. And, would you believe that November and December ranked the highest? It’s true!
The study analyzed over 40 million used car sales in the United States from 2013 to 2015, looking for days where dealerships slashed a minimum of 5% off of the market value. As it turns out, the winter months ranked higher than any other time of year – even beating out the summer.
Here’s a closer look at the top six months with the best preowned deals:
1. November: 26.9% more deals
2. December: 23.5% more deals
3. January: 16.4% more deals
4. October: 12.8% more deals
5. February: 6.0% more deals
6. September: 3.8 % more deals
Interesting, right? But, Popular Mechanics didn’t stop there. They delved even deeper to see which specific U.S. holidays offer the best bang for a preowned shopper’s dollar. Here’s what they found:
1. Black Friday: 33.1% more deals
2. Veterans Day: 32.5% more deals
3. Thanksgiving Day: 30.6% more deals
4. Columbus Day: 30.5% more deals
5. Martin Luther King Day: 29.4% more deals
6. Christmas Eve: 28.7% more deals
7. Christmas: 21.4% more deals
8. New Year’s Eve: 21.3% more deals
9. Halloween: 18.8% more deals
10. New Year’s Day: 15.8% more deals
With December drawing to a close, don’t you think it’s time to pull the trigger on your next used car purchase and snag yourself a great deal? We think so!
To learn more, please contact us at Key West Ford to book a test drive or visit our online inventory to see what’s in store. We are the Lower Mainland’s premier retailer of used vehicles in all makes, not just Ford – we’re sure that you’ll find what you’re looking for at our dealership.